Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Independent Component 2


Content:

The independent component is an opportunity for you top select a direction and create your own component.  Each component must demonstrate 30 hours of work.  On the due dates, please turn in the following
·     Log of hours on a calendar (e.g. use google docs)
·     Evidence of the 30 hours of work (e.g. transcript, essays, tests, art work, photographs)
·     LIA
Literal
(a) Statement saying: “I, Nicolette Dalan,  affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.” 
(b) Explanation of what you completed.
For my second independent component, I took a class up at Cal Poly, The History of Western Art. Currently I have attended 10 meetings each being two hours long so I have done 20 hrs. My last independent task was 4 hours long for one a week, for 11 weeks. I have over 60 hours completed for my independent task. 
Interpretive
In the class I'm require to take notes and study on the different types of elements used in past works of art. These include sculptures, painting, and architecture. When looking at these works, I need to be able to compare some works in things like the viewpoints, the patterns, and drapery of figures. I need to be able to tell the difference between  the types of medium they use. 
Applied
How did it help you answer your EQ?  Be specific and use examples.
This helped me with answering my EQ because it helped me look at the different styles of art. In a way. It can also be used in animation. Painting is already often used when adding color to characters and backgrounds, so using the elements seen in painting of the past can also help. As my professor put it, "Artist today still use the styles of Michelanglo and Picasso today."  The way architecture is built can be used when drawing building in animation or something along those lines. And sculptures in animation can be claymation. My EQ is what is the most important aspect to the creation of a digital animation? This class has helped me see that the way the animation is styled could be a possibility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment