Thursday, May 31, 2012

Senior Project Reflection

(1) Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your 2-Hour Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?
A: I was really proud of how the audience was pretty engaged in my presentation. I was also proud that I was able to help them improve their artistic ablities because it gave me the feeling that I had been able to teach them enough to help them reach that improvement.


(2) Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-Hour Presentation (self-assessment)? Why?

I believe I deserve a P because I did work really hard for this presentation and I did alot better than I expected myself to do. I was able to teach the audience something new and I did make the needed time requirement.  
b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)? Why?

I feel like I deserve at least a P because overall I did meet all the requirements. I know that some of my components were completed late and I feel as if I could have really gone above and beyond if I actually on top of everything I did. I had alot of great research, even though I had a hard time presenting it, and I always looked more research on my own time. A P seems like a reasonable grade for my overall performance with this project.
(3) What worked for you in your senior project?
 
Throughout senior year I feel like I've really gotten to know my topic. I had no idea how to put an animation and now I'm able to, though not perfectly, do parts of the process. I've also been able to expose myself to this career choice and its gave me the chance to study at the Art Institute of Inland Empire where animation is offered as a major. It gave me possible college choices.

(4) What didn’t work for you in your senior project?
 
I want to say that my service learning was one of the harder parts to complete. I didn't get to work with my uncle until the beginning of February.I originally wanted to work at his company but they had rejected me so I looked for other places. It didn't work out for me so I just convinced my uncle to just teach me on his work time at home. I also see that presentations were a little hard for me. Being the center of attention gave me a nerve-wrecking feel so I began to lose some thoughts I wanted to talk about and ended up having trouble with meeting time.  

(5) Finding Value

How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples.

Senior project has helped me in choosing a career I want to pursue and its given me the chance to learn it before hand through research and self teaching. I learned how the process starts thanks to this year and now I can practice putting together my own animations that I can hopefully improve in the future starting with learning Film and Media Studies in Irvine. From there I want to go to the Art Institute of Inland Empire to focus on Media Arts and Animation and it's also has great networking there. I've been able to improve my artistic ablities so even if I change my interest in an animation career, I can still find a sort of art-like career to pursue.

No comments:

Post a Comment